Your body is your temple, so you should treat it with care. The body accumulates toxic wastes as a result of the various chemical processes going on inside round the clock. It is not always that these toxins are flushed out from the body naturally, and that’s why you need to encourage Detox programs.
One of the first signs that you need a Detox is evident from your skin; if you have dull, pimple prone skin; your system has too many un-flushed toxins. And if you have skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis, it is mandatory that you detox your system regularly.
Furthermore, what you consume also has definite adverse effects on your skin – if you have too many refined foodstuffs in your diet, sugary processed foods and the like, your body will be plagued by more of unhealthy saturated fats. It will make your skin even worse, but fortunately enough, nature has also provided us with foods that can detox the body and skin naturally.
Here is a list of food items that can make your skin glow healthily, from the inside out:
- Apples: rich in pectin, these fruits keep your liver and kidney toxin free and gets rid of metal toxins from your system.
- Artichokes: have a diuretic effect and keep your liver healthy. These also help to generate more bile in your system that makes getting rid of the toxic wastes easier.
- Asparagus: is another good diuretic that promotes a healthy system. It also helps to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gastrointestinal system.
- Fennel: gets rid of the fats from the body, helping flush your system clean.
- Garlic: is known as “nature’s pharmacy” of antioxidants that activate liver enzymes. These enzymes make the process of breaking down refined food easier.
- Cruciferous veggies like broccoli, cabbage etc.: increase the levels of the antioxidant glutathione in the body. This antioxidant helps the liver to release and get rid of the toxins from the system.
- Ginger: stimulates digestion and ensures that the alimentary system runs properly. This also promotes flushing out of the toxins.
- Leafy greens like spinach, kale, dandelion etc: rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants, these powerhouses of nutrition protect the system from the toxic wastes and ensure that it performs optimally.
- Parsley: is a powerhouse of phytonutrients, and its diuretic properties help the kidney to flush out the toxins.
- Seaweeds: are powerful antioxidants which help to alkalize your blood and in turn smoothens the digestive process. The algin present in seaweeds absorbs the toxins from the digestive tract and makes seaweeds a great food item for detox programs for skin care.
Now that you know which are your top priority detox foods for a healthy skin, you can always turn to these foods, the next time you are worried about skincare!